1) You supported and defended a for-profit privatized prison system. THEN you accepted their donations.
2) You jailed SINGLE, WORKING PARENTS for their children’s truancy.
3) You jailed 1500 people (mostly black) for simple marijuana possession. THEN you laughed about smoking marijuana yourself on the Breakfast Club podcast.
4) You fought against reforming the cash for bail system that has devastated poor communities.
5) You fought to keep all convictions resulting from a lab technician who was using and selling the drugs instead of testing for authenticity so a judge had to ORDER you to overturn 600 convictions.
6) You fought to block an advanced DNA test that could have freed a poor death row inmate. The governor had to ORDER you to allow it.
You may have slept your way into you first position in San Francisco with an old man (verifiable) but you will NOT sleep your way into the Oval Office. We are onto you.
Major Tulsi Gabbard (the true progressive woman of color) exposed you for what you are at the second debate. And your current reason for your “deer in a headlight” response? “I didn’t have enough time to respond.”
Well Kamala, Anderson Cooper gave you plenty of time to respond that night in a post-debate interview and the only two points you made were: 1) “Tulsi isn’t a top tier candidate. I expected that from her” and 2) “Tulsi met with a dictator.” So allow me to address those two points:
1. After Tulsi got done with you, you too are no longer a top tier candidate (check the polls)
2. Yes, Tulsi did meet with a brutal dictator. She met her on the debate stage and ended her bid for the U.S. presidency.
Going against Major Tulsi Gabbard on a debate stage was a little bit different than going against the poor and powerless from your prosecutor’s throne wasn’t it? That helpless look in your eye was worth the price of admission you pathetic corporatist.